Omni plus vent home theater Cabinet

OmniMount-Vent_Teak.gifAfter recently moved to a new home (new for my girlfriend and I was originally built for the House in the 1930s) it became clear that a number of my home theater components and equipment racks from my previous reference Theater in my new space wanted to work. At first glance, the idea of the abolition was my beloved Middle Atlantic rack system not something which I welcomed, although after a few days trying to make my new room I knew that it time for something new.

Learn more about Omni + OmniMount racks, furniture and gear here...


I'll admit the first that I don't like usually home theater furniture and racks because I think it is downright ugly 99 percent of the time; that is why in a specially designed closet for the last four years my gear and equipment rack lived, hide anything from the view. Go to now, things are a little different as I quickly learned that not only my components were visible wanted to have to live between left and right main speakers.

I cleaned the Internet for an appropriate and stylish home theater store, buy one that not to mention mandate that not the back storage room best resemble our living room fit my needs and my budget, from my fiance. After days of searching, I decided on the storing of Omni + vent.

Omni +, an offshoot of the OmniMount, specialized in more designer friendly home theater solutions and furniture. Omni + employs designers such as the famous Karim Rashid stylish, create furniture solutions for your home theater equipment and Habitat.

The Cabinet of vent is a decidedly mid-century looking matter, low slung, wide with a vintage teak finish and wood slat doors. To my eyes it is long time shelves in a long I, one of the sexier equipment. The vent retails for $999.95 and can directly of Omni + be purchased ' own website. The Cabinet comes completely assembled in a very ridged field complete with custom foam inserts to a safe journey home.

Vent Cabinet measures 65-inches wide by 22-inch tall and 22-inch deep and weighs 160 pounds a very respectable. Behind the two rest wood slat sliding doors two shelves can be up to 40 pounds per piece, perfect for source components or easier preamplifier. Which supports lower shelf or base of vent up to 150 pounds, which makes it ideal for power amplifiers (shy nothing named Krell) and wide receiver. Is the top of the case vent can up to 150 pounds, as well as support and perfect to accommodate flat screens up to 73 inches. 65 Inch HD TV view customized rests on the deduction on their table stand. The vent features semi-hidden roles that help maneuver with the great consolidation, once you have loaded it up with gearbox and four "flip" there are doors located on the back, which help with wire and cable management.

I check many gear, so it was important to me, that the vent are versatile in the size and shape of the equipment it could record and look good in the process. Within 24 hours of the vent arrival in my new home I loaded it up with Mark Levinson No. 533-power amplifier, Mark Levinson No. 326S preamplifier, Sony Blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-NR708 receiver, dish network DVR and AppleTV with plenty of room to spare, if I'm honest. I had to remove the back down doors for the No. 533 some longer depth that was easy to do enough record "flip" and with the front doors closed I don't even notice their absence. I could simply another source or two inside as well as a few Blu-ray discs fit, if I it, without that it wanted to space or heat issues. Speaking of the heat of the vent is actually an open architecture design, one designed to allow air through it keep free move, that your components even if you stacked each other cool. Another nice thing about the withdrawal of wood slat doors is that remote signals reach your components inside without result in the use of IR Repeater or control systems.

Read the scores points, low points, and the conclusion on page 2

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.